• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfull termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moriden

What is the name of your state? ny

Ive worked at a local mcdonalds for almmost 2 years. there is a certain camaderie amoung all the employess we all flirt and tease each other and there are occasional instances of miner horseplay. recently a new employee who i had been training complained about sexual harassment and i was fired because of a zero tolerence policy . my manager did not want to fire me but was forced to by her superiors. and the new employee who was on her second day had innitiated both sexual comments and a flirtatious attitude prior to any sexual /flirtatious behavior on my part . is there any recourse i can take ? thank you in advance for your help.

R

Ramoth

Welcome to the real world, Moriden, where sexual innuendo, flirting, and horseplay are not tolerated in the workplace. So, learn the lesson, grow up, and find a new job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What you describe does not come even remotely close to qualifying as a wrongful termination.

A wrongful termination does not mean one that is unfair, unjust, unexpected, based on incorrect or inaccurate information, or in the large majority of cases, one that is in violation of company policy. In order to legally qualify as a wrongful termination, it has to be ILLEGAL for the employer to fire you, for the reason he does.

Nothing whatsoever in the law forbids an employer from terming an employee for engaging in sexual or flirtatious behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">