• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfull Termination, CA, pay and breaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RachelAnne

I live in Sac., CA. I was working a summer job (I normally work for a school district)and it was at a gym childcare center. Most of the time, I worked alone, and when I worked, I worked four and five hour shifts. When I asked about breaks, I was told that the front desk girls were to break me. I usually had a hard time getting my breaks, begging and pleading because usually I had to use the restroom. One Friday, I asked the front desk supervisor if I could have a break, that I had bee waiting for a half hour. It was half way into my five hour shift. She belittled me in front of clients, yelled and ended up firing me. She told me to pick up my check on Monday. I thought the law was 24 hours?? Still not sure... I went to the gym Monday and it was not there. I called Tuesday morning, and they told me that of course it was there, it was there the day before. So I picked it up Tuesday-there was no pay stub, it was hand written and pre-dated the Sunday before that!
My question is what are the laws regarding pay when you get fired? I've heard so may different things, I have even been told that I could get paid more money for hving to wait for my check. This business is obvisiously lofty-eluding paying me and trying to cover it up by pre-dating check... Also what else can I do besides go to the labor board and fraud dept.? That is currently what I am doing now-info given to me by the EDD office-should I apply for unemployment benefits as well? They said it wouldn't hurt...
Thank you for your time!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">