• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfull termination, should I pursue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tstar28

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
Situation

The Verbal promises made during training & when initialy being hired.
Promise of working within 30 miles of residence. Assigned a site manager with local job sites. Regular pay increases approved by site manager upon completion of required training and evaluation of job performance in cabnetry installation.

After hire.
Initial assignment was with site manager who was given minimal jobsites pending a transfer to training position.The duties here were limited to basically cleanup/customerservice work. The limited assignment prevented initial training and opportunities for promotional pay increases. Next assignments that were given varied daily in distance, site managers, type of work performed, furter preventing a stable basis for promotional opportunities.
Even with local site managers requesting assignment to their job sites, they were ignored, and this continued.

Firing:
Called in for meeting under impresstion of being reviewed for promotion. Offer of promotion was: it would only be granted if consenting to work in San Diego county for an undetermined amount of time up to 3 months on a daily basis. My presence requested in San Diego instead of a local employee, because this was the type of work I had already been doing on my assignments. More insulting because this type of work was the nature of cleanup and customer servicing, no possible promotional training opportunities.

Other notes;
Only black man in CA based company, class mates in same training class have been assigned consistent site managers, & had regular evaluation for &/Or already recieved pay increases. Personal issues with 3 month term in San Diego because of Pregnant fiiance (safety & health issues to consider).

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in your post gives you a case for wrongful termination under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">