• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madguy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan. I was working as a field rep for flooring vendors in a big name company. I had to help my boss make room for some new merchandise. The old merchandise was located on some old wooden shelving. I had been given permission to take the old shelving home or the store was going to throw it out. I put a sign on the shelving and put it outside on a cart. After work I went back to the store with my son to pick up the shelves. I was almost done loading the shelves on my trailer and the flooring deptment head came up on a fork and accused me of stealing. I told her I had permission to take the shelves or the store was just going to throw it away. After she got very unprofessional and loud I decided to just let it go and leave the shelves. I pushed the shelves off tha trailer while she watched and left. Later she called my company and said that I stoled from the store. Now she knows I know her manager knows my son seen and knows that I left the shelving there and drove away calmly only to find out a couple of days later that I was fired. Oh yeah, the incindent is probably on store security tape. What can I do???????????

BelizeBreeze

madguy said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan. I was working as a field rep for flooring vendors in a big name company. I had to help my boss make room for some new merchandise. The old merchandise was located on some old wooden shelving. I had been given permission to take the old shelving home or the store was going to throw it out. I put a sign on the shelving and put it outside on a cart. After work I went back to the store with my son to pick up the shelves. I was almost done loading the shelves on my trailer and the flooring deptment head came up on a fork and accused me of stealing. I told her I had permission to take the shelves or the store was just going to throw it away. After she got very unprofessional and loud I decided to just let it go and leave the shelves. I pushed the shelves off tha trailer while she watched and left. Later she called my company and said that I stoled from the store. Now she knows I know her manager knows my son seen and knows that I left the shelving there and drove away calmly only to find out a couple of days later that I was fired. Oh yeah, the incindent is probably on store security tape. What can I do???????????
And has anything occurred as a result of her 'claim'?

Beth3

Terminating you was tremendously unfair but nothing illegal took place. All you can do is contact someone in more senior management, ask them to review the situation and to reconsider the decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">