• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sttracy

California

In May 2004 was hired as traffic coordinator and given proper training for the position. 6 months later a theatre coordinator quit with no notice and I was put into her position without any training. I questioned the move but was assured that I would be able to catch on fairly quickly and would be given support, which I didn't. I asked to be replaced but my boss said that the client was really touchy and didn't want to make another change so soon for fear of losing the account. In the meantime someone else was hired as my replacement as traffic coordinator. 3 months and many mistakes later I was taken off the account and put onto a new one. Once again I expressed my concerns that I wasn't properly trained for this position and should be taken off, and again I was told everything would be fine. I was fired 2 months later (Sept. 12). I have learned that they have recently hired a second traffic coordinator. Do I have a case to sue for wrongful termination?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. What you describe does not come even remotely close to meeting the definition of a wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">