• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misterenergy_99

What is the name of your state? OK

Here is the situation. A few days ago my lead was informed that a number of his employees were going to need to take some pop drug tests. Everyone but I was notified that they need to go and take the test. I work nights an get off at 8:00am. I go to bed as soon as I get home. At 5:30pm I go out to eat and my cellphone rings to let me know that I have some voicemail. I check the mail and it is another emplyee and my manager telling me that I need to take the drug test before 5:00pm that day.One message came in at 10:00am and the other at 12:00pm. My question is can they fire me for not taking the drug test eventhough I was never informed while I was at work?

Shay-Pari'e

misterenergy_99 said:
What is the name of your state? OK

Here is the situation. A few days ago my lead was informed that a number of his employees were going to need to take some pop drug tests. Everyone but I was notified that they need to go and take the test. I work nights an get off at 8:00am. I go to bed as soon as I get home. At 5:30pm I go out to eat and my cellphone rings to let me know that I have some voicemail. I check the mail and it is another emplyee and my manager telling me that I need to take the drug test before 5:00pm that day.One message came in at 10:00am and the other at 12:00pm. My question is can they fire me for not taking the drug test eventhough I was never informed while I was at work?
Not to worry, when you get to work they will inform you of the drug test, since you missed the other. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can legally fire you for missing the test even though you were not informed while you were still at work.

However, just because they CAN, doesn't mean they WILL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">