• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Fired Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vigil-gafford

My Husband worked for Harley Davidson in our town College Station Texas, he worked 6 months great as a sales associate. His manager (sales manager-Cole) was demoted into the financing department so my husband requested that he be reviewed for the sales manager position. then just about a month later he was called in the owners office and was fired for sexual harrasment. The man that was demoted to the finance depatement (Cole) was in the office during the firing of my husband, which had no right to even be in there. There wasn't any write up, no talking to, no suspension and no investigation.The 2 girls that accused him of sexual harassment had nothing to say (and were friends of the man in financing-Cole). My husband had told one of the girls that her hair looked pretty curled and she should curl it more often and earlier in the month the other girl had just purchased a bike and he mentioned to her that one day they should go riding....all friendly gestures. my husband had to leave and was not welcomed back so he just left and recieved no unemployment as well. he felt that Cole was threatened b/c he asked for his job since Cole was a chance to get it back in the future.....so he feels that Cole and the 2 girls lied to get rid of him....but like i said there was no investigation in the matter it was thier word against my husbands.

My husband thought that you need to hire a lawyer to fight it but since he was fired we have no money to hire one, so he just found another job. I asked him to fight it b/c it would come back and get him later....well less than one year later he applied for a position and they did a extensive backgound check and he was not hired and I feel that it is b/c of the sexual harassment termination.

So i guess my question is does he have a leg to stand on in getting this title taken away and how?

How does hiring a lawyer like this work?

How much does a background check look into....would this be accusation be something that can be found on a backgound check?

And lastly this happened in May 2005 is it too late to get this case opened?

Any other advise would be great too.

seniorjudge

vigil-gafford said:
My Husband worked for Harley Davidson in our town College Station Texas, he worked 6 months great as a sales associate. His manager (sales manager-Cole) was demoted into the financing department so my husband requested that he be reviewed for the sales manager position. then just about a month later he was called in the owners office and was fired for sexual harrasment. The man that was demoted to the finance depatement (Cole) was in the office during the firing of my husband, which had no right to even be in there. There wasn't any write up, no talking to, no suspension and no investigation.The 2 girls that accused him of sexual harassment had nothing to say (and were friends of the man in financing-Cole). My husband had told one of the girls that her hair looked pretty curled and she should curl it more often and earlier in the month the other girl had just purchased a bike and he mentioned to her that one day they should go riding....all friendly gestures. my husband had to leave and was not welcomed back so he just left and recieved no unemployment as well. he felt that Cole was threatened b/c he asked for his job since Cole was a chance to get it back in the future.....so he feels that Cole and the 2 girls lied to get rid of him....but like i said there was no investigation in the matter it was thier word against my husbands.

My husband thought that you need to hire a lawyer to fight it but since he was fired we have no money to hire one, so he just found another job. I asked him to fight it b/c it would come back and get him later....well less than one year later he applied for a position and they did a extensive backgound check and he was not hired and I feel that it is b/c of the sexual harassment termination.

So i guess my question is does he have a leg to stand on in getting this title taken away and how?

How does hiring a lawyer like this work?

How much does a background check look into....would this be accusation be something that can be found on a backgound check?

And lastly this happened in May 2005 is it too late to get this case opened?

Any other advise would be great too.

...My husband had told one of the girls that her hair looked pretty curled and she should curl it more often and earlier in the month the other girl had just purchased a bike and he mentioned to her that one day they should go riding....all friendly gestures....

Did your husband report this to you?

vigil-gafford

I am not sure of your question?

Did he report to me that he told these 2 girls that one her hair was pretty curled and the other that they should go riding? Then yes he reported it to me.

mlane58

Did he report to me that he told these 2 girls that one her hair was pretty curled and the other that they should go riding? Then yes he reported it to me.
I suspect that the husband didn't report accurately everything. There is way more to the story---trust me!

T

Trucking Mad

Believe this!

vigil-gafford said:
I am not sure of your question?

:cool: Once you have been accused and terminated for sexual harassment you have apx. 6 mos. to go to the wage and labor commission to file a complaint for wrongful termination(in person)...Co policy on the handling of such accusations vary, because it's CO. POLICY:cool:

weenor

Sounds like hubby was working for a sales franchise that had nothing to with Harley Davidson the company....If the franchise is under 15 employees...no title VII...Even if hubby was accused of "false" sexual harassment and over 15 employees..no sexual harassment...the only cause of action is if hubby was fired because of race, ethnicity, sex....being in a protected class. Thus far sounds like a salesman getting fired again nothing new and nothing illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">