• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mar21

What is the name of your state? California.
I never signed my Employee Handbook. The Co. I worked for was bought and we were all assured we had our jobs. I was laid off a week later.
I find out that my ex-employer had about 4 or 5 people he hired and fired before me and about 3 after me. He has issues but I want to sue for wrongful terminiation.
I was told the Labor Board should be contacted. If I did not the the handbook, what are me rights? Do I have a case?
Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

HomeGuru

mar21 said:
What is the name of your state? California.
I never signed my Employee Handbook. The Co. I worked for was bought and we were all assured we had our jobs. I was laid off a week later.
I find out that my ex-employer had about 4 or 5 people he hired and fired before me and about 3 after me. He has issues but I want to sue for wrongful terminiation.
I was told the Labor Board should be contacted. If I did not the the handbook, what are me rights? Do I have a case?
Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

**A: you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">