• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully let GO?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueocean

What is the name of your state?GA
I was a retail store manager, have been for 5 years, I was recently asked to come back to one company which I did. I was asked to clean up the store and get it back into shape. Over the course of 4 months I watched the jr management and staff I let a few go for not producing, but during this time I repeatedly ask the DM (district manager) to let the jr management go, they were not getting the store opened on time, they were not helping at all, I found evidence that they were shopping and making purchases on the clock signed on as associates that were not even on the clock and signing the associates names. All this information was given to the DM, two weeks later I was asked toi resign or get fire by this DM. I'm pissed and don't know what to do? or who to talk to?

JETX

blueocean said:
What is the name of your state?GA
I was a retail store manager, have been for 5 years, I was recently asked to come back to one company which I did. I was asked to clean up the store and get it back into shape. Over the course of 4 months I watched the jr management and staff I let a few go for not producing, but during this time I repeatedly ask the DM (district manager) to let the jr management go, they were not getting the store opened on time, they were not helping at all, I found evidence that they were shopping and making purchases on the clock signed on as associates that were not even on the clock and signing the associates names. All this information was given to the DM, two weeks later I was asked toi resign or get fire by this DM. I'm pissed and don't know what to do? or who to talk to?
Though maybe 'unfair' and certainly shows mis-management by the company, your being terminated is NOT in violation of any laws. Unless you have an employment contract or union bargaining agreement, you can be terminated for any reason... or no reason at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">