• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hamster

North Carolina

After six months of employment. I was wrongfully terminated for firing two employees (hourly waged)for not having suffient documentation. I did have documentation in the form of supervisor feedback forms which I placed in employees personnel folders. I was a salaried worker. I received only two days of training and the company handbook from my supervisor, whom informed me to run my site accordingly and if I should have any problems refer to the company handbook. The handbook states the company retains the
right to fire any employee with or without good cause. Upon my termination, I applied for unemployment insurance. The state concluded. I was discharged but not for misconduct or substantial fault on my part connected with my work. Do I have a case.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, they fired you for cause. So, may I suggest that you speak with an employment labor law attorney in your state?

They may know more about the unemployment compensation aspects of this situation.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">