• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was suspended and placed on disciplinary review for the remainder of the calendar year, this occured in august. The person creating the d note was my direct supervisor. I accpeted the d note and explained that I had not been properly trained in that particular area in which I was disciplined for. Three months later the corporate legal department sent out a team of two auditors, they were directed to conduct a multi media audit, in the questioning phase the d note issue was brought up and again I explained the situation, and further described my lack of knowledge and training in that area. A week later I was suspended pending my final check and ultimately the legal department overrode my supervisors decision to discipline me and called for my termination. I am confident that I was treated inappropriately due to the lack of training and company refusal to provide the training which was asked of them over the past calendar year. I am looking for advise and information, I have copies of my training records. I am also unsure of the requirements of the employer in the State of California with respect to 1) paid suspension, they did not pay me for the day I was terminated, I met my employer at noon, am I entitled to be paid for that day? 2) What if any written documentation should I have received, I did not get a written cause for termination, 3)was my employer suppose to explain my medical benefits to me? They didn't and when asked they were unable to give me answers as to the termination of my benefits and other options for benefits. 4) What is a wage deduction statement? The department of Laborsaid I should have received one. Is it included in my final checks? 5)My final checks are unclear as to what exactly they paid, my ex-supervisor explained them to me and also seemed unclear on my compensation due to some retroactive pay descrepancies on commission pay, should I contact thepayroll department to clarify? 6)My ex-supervisor explained to me that I could get re-embrsed for out of pocket expenses and fleet expenses but still has not provided me the appropriate forms, how long do I have to wait?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">