• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snoonan1

About 1 month ago I was terminated from a major home improvement chain in Fl. One week earlier I had recieved a perfect employee review and employee of the month.I was told when terminated that it was because they were doing a reduction in forces.Yet a week later they hired four new employees.It was rumored that I was let go because the managment heard I was looking for a new job, and because of the wage I was earning.I was originally hired for one position paying a great deal more than the position I was given because they eliminated the original position.Do I have any grounds for a wrongfull termination suit?

snoonan1

L

loku

At-will termination

Most people are employees at will and have no employment contracts or union contracts that protect them. That means that a boss can fire them at will for any legal reason other than discrimination on the basis of such things such as race, color, creed, etc. or no reason at all. If there is an employment contract, or a union, that's different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">