• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Terminated..Discrimination or ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TerminatedMom

i live in Arkansas worked for a big nation-wide company union ran for 5 years, have been up front and honest from the beginning about my illness(Bi-Polar, and severe aniexty disorder)i left work on Dec 17th to go see my "Mental Doc, he took me off work, weekly...i always had a doctors excuse, that was turned in to my employer..i was under my doctors care untill feb 6, i recieved a notice in mail from my insurance company, stating my benefits,if i wanted to continue coveragewas x amount ? reason was terminated from emp[loyemnt. how could that be if i was under his care untill feb 6th..i was fired on jan 31

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You really haven't given enough details to answer. It is not impossible, depending on circumstances, for a person to be legally fired even if they are still under a doctor's care and the doctor has taken them off work.

A few questions I would need to have answered before I could begin to form an opinion as to the legality of your firing: How big a company was it in terms of number of employees? How long had you been employed with them? How much time, total, had you been off in the past year?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">