• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully terminated need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

burnedinmiami

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I was wrongfully terminated at my last employer, they decided to just stop paying me for no reason, I was on salary. They challenged my Uneployment benefits and lost. They also said I had 6 months of unauthorized charges on my credit card. Not true. I was authorized to refund my expenses and the accountant, I am sure, would testify to this. They reversed $6000 n credit card charges putting me in a severe financial bind. Every attorny I try to call in Miami wants a $300 consulatation fee or they claim they only work for the "companies" any advice how I should look for someone???

Thanks in advance

pattytx

You did not say anything that would suggest you were "wrongfully terminated".

I don't pretend to understand what the problem is, but the Lawyer's Referral Service of the local Bar Association can refer you to an attorney for a low-cost consultation. Or Legal Aid or nearby law schools.

burnedinmiami

I should rephrase. When I went to get my paycheck they told me they changed me to commission only. I was on salary for 2 years and was NEVER told this or agreed to it. I then quit and they owe me the 2 weeks minimum plus all the chargebacks. I would think. So maybe wrongful termination isnt the right case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. So no, I don't think you mean wrongful termination here.

Your state does not have a DOL but if you are owed pay or commissions your best bet is a civil suit - small claims, if the amount is within the limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">