• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Terminated - Need Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danielle2-

Wrongfully Terminated? - Need Help ASAP

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was just terminated from my job on 9-15-05.
Just to start out, I was never happy working for this company just because there was no structure and too much stress. I was keeping an eye out for other possible jobs. An ex-employee that the company had terminated, that I'm still friends with is already on her 3rd appeal for unemployment. I knew she had been looking for other jobs too, but I had lost contact with her. On 9-14-05 while I was at work, I called another employee in the office on her extension and ask if there was any chance she knew a phone # for the 'ex-employee'. Well when I was on the phone, the owners wife heard me mention the ex-employee's name. Obviously assuming that I was speaking to her.

I went into work the next afternoon, and they advised that they would like to see me in the office before I clocked in. The company is a call center. They accused me of having a talk/not ready time for 18 mins the night before. And that I was speaking to an ex-employee of the company for that time. Of course that is incorrect. I asked to see the call logs proving who and what I was doing during this time and they could not show them to me. They said that I purposely called the ex-employee from my 2nd extention because I knew that they could not trace the call log. What's crazy is that I hadn't even spoken to the ex-employee in at least a month. I explained to them that my not ready time was due to a case I was working on, but our system went down and I was knocked out of the system. They repeatedly kept asking me the same question impling that I was lying. And they still wouldn't pull up my call logs simply because they did not have anything proving what they were accusing me of, because it didn't happen. That same night my sister had called into the office for me because I cannot answer my cell phone while I'm at work. Another employee got the call and transferred her over to me. The company kept asking me who called in the office for me and 'said they were my sister'? Well all inbound calls are recorded. It was my sister who had called in for me, but they were incinuating (sorry spelling) that it was the ex-employee calling in to talk to me. They also asked me did I make the comment to another employee that I was tired of the "stuff" that was going on in the company. I did admit to them that I did. I was simply stating my opinion to another friend of mine that works in the company. And I could literally write down a list of things that are wrong with the company's operation. Every employee I know of has said at one time or another something about the company that they're not happy with. If that's grounds for termination, they could fire everyone there. They advised me that I was being terminated for the situation that happened the night before and because I "cursed" the company.
The only thing I'm guilty of is speaking to the employee who's of friend of mine, and said that I was sick of the things that go on within the company. I have not had my hearing yet through the employment commision.
Does anyone have any advise of what I should do?

Sincerely,
Danielle Hobbs

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Danielle2- said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was just terminated from my job on 9-15-05.
Just to start out, I was never happy working for this company just because there was no structure and too much stress. I was keeping an eye out for other possible jobs. An ex-employee that the company had terminated, that I'm still friends with is already on her 3rd appeal for unemployment. I knew she had been looking for other jobs too, but I had lost contact with her. On 9-14-05 while I was at work, I called another employee in the office on her extension and ask if there was any chance she knew a phone # for the 'ex-employee'. Well when I was on the phone, the owners wife heard me mention the ex-employee's name. Obviously assuming that I was speaking to her.

I went into work the next afternoon, and they advised that they would like to see me in the office before I clocked in. The company is a call center. They accused me of having a talk/not ready time for 18 mins the night before. And that I was speaking to an ex-employee of the company for that time. Of course that is incorrect. I asked to see the call logs proving who and what I was doing during this time and they could not show them to me. They said that I purposely called the ex-employee from my 2nd extention because I knew that they could not trace the call log. What's crazy is that I hadn't even spoken to the ex-employee in at least a month. I explained to them that my not ready time was due to a case I was working on, but our system went down and I was knocked out of the system. They repeatedly kept asking me the same question impling that I was lying. And they still wouldn't pull up my call logs simply because they did not have anything proving what they were accusing me of, because it didn't happen. That same night my sister had called into the office for me because I cannot answer my cell phone while I'm at work. Another employee got the call and transferred her over to me. The company kept asking me who called in the office for me and 'said they were my sister'? Well all inbound calls are recorded. It was my sister who had called in for me, but they were incinuating (sorry spelling) that it was the ex-employee calling in to talk to me. They also asked me did I make the comment to another employee that I was tired of the "stuff" that was going on in the company. I did admit to them that I did. I was simply stating my opinion to another friend of mine that works in the company. And I could literally write down a list of things that are wrong with the company's operation. Every employee I know of has said at one time or another something about the company that they're not happy with. If that's grounds for termination, they could fire everyone there. They advised me that I was being terminated for the situation that happened the night before and because I "cursed" the company.
The only thing I'm guilty of is speaking to the employee who's of friend of mine, and said that I was sick of the things that go on within the company. I have not had me hearing yet through the employment commision.
Does anyone have any advise of what I should do?

Sincerely,
Danielle Hobbs

**A: here is what you should do. Start looking for a new job or file for unemployment.

Beth3

You were not wrongfully terminated. Unfairly, yes. Illegally, no. Pursue your UC claim and start looking for a new job. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">