• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Terminated then Rehired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hollow

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was hired as security for a new busness almost a year ago. About one week into the job, the ceo came in for a surprise check on us. I was at the time working with another man, since it required two of us on night shift. The two of them went into the building for a check (see if all doors were locked). Upon their exit, I was confronted by the ceo for his finding of several unlocked doors. I was terminated for "not performing job duties". However, I knew that I had been done wrong by the other employee, and made this clear to the ceo. To make a long story short, three weeks after my termination, the other employee put the supervisors car into a ditch on the property, then crashed his own car into a pole, and threw numerous items around the company property. When confronted again about the happenings of the night I was terminated, he admitted that he had in fact gone around and unlocked the doors that I was accused of not locking. I was called, rehired, apologized to, and told they would make it right by me. I guess they forgot. Do they have an obligation to pay me for my lost wages?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, to start with, you don't have a wrongful termination under the law. It may have been based on an incorrect conclusion, but legally that does not make it wrongful.

No, they do not have a legal obligation to pay you for the time you missed. It will be nice if they do, but they are not bound to by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">