• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully termination department store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayo88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

okay well i worked for macys selling womens shoes on commission .. 2 months ago I was brought into a room and interrogated by 2 lost prevention people saying they are conducting an investigation in my department because money was missing from the registers..they said I did it even though there is no proof and i would never do soemthing like that
i admitted when i first worked there ,training, i ate a damaged candy bar in the office,which was a year and a half ago..so now im fired for that.
when i left macys i got texts from people saying an older women was trying to get me fired because i would always tell her when she took my customers
so i have a feeling she did not want me there and since im a young kid its easy to pin everything on me

no one else was interrogated or anything just me.so now im fired..their registers are still going to be short because whoever is doing it is still there

why was i called in the room in the first place? no one else was.. i feel discriminated and terrible about this. what can i do

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe this isn't fair, but it's not illegal. "Wrongful termination" has a specific meaning in the law. Specifically, that you were fired for being a member of a protected class (race, gender, etc.).

Apply for unemployment and move on.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

okay well i worked for macys selling womens shoes on commission .. 2 months ago I was brought into a room and interrogated by 2 lost prevention people saying they are conducting an investigation in my department because money was missing from the registers..they said I did it even though there is no proof and i would never do soemthing like that
i admitted when i first worked there ,training, i ate a damaged candy bar in the office,which was a year and a half ago..so now im fired for that.
when i left macys i got texts from people saying an older women was trying to get me fired because i would always tell her when she took my customers
so i have a feeling she did not want me there and since im a young kid its easy to pin everything on me

no one else was interrogated or anything just me.so now im fired..their registers are still going to be short because whoever is doing it is still there

why was i called in the room in the first place? no one else was.. i feel discriminated and terrible about this. what can i do

Additionally, if you were discriminated it wasn't illegal discrimination.

The employer doesn't need proof of theft; they can legally fire you for suspicion of theft, for wearing pink socks, just because it's Monday or basically any reason at all that's not a protected characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">