• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly fired for theft - Manager later fired for taking the money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike15465

What is the name of your state? Washington

My wife was recently fired as a result of missing money that she was accountable for. After investigating for a week, the company decided to terminate her for the shortage, however with no direct proof. Two weeks later her manager confessed to stealing that money as well as more money due to a gambling problem. The manager was fired and the company is pursuing charges against her. What recourse, if any, can my wife take? Her real interest would be just to get her job back as she feels it was the manager, not the company who was at fault.

Please advise.

Sockeye

That does suck.

Has your wife contacted either the HR dept. or her Managers boss about coming back yet? I'd think that would be the best thing to do. There isn't much legal options for her to get her job back. If they can't for whatever reason she should at least get a good recomendation letter from them.

I would hope they would recognize that she is deserving of returning to work.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This does not fall under a wrongful termination. The company was at liberty to fire her because of the shortage, even if it was later shown to have been someone else's fault.

I think Sockeye has the best solution. She really needs to talk to the company and find out how they would feel about bringing her back to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">