• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

young black male seeking work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlookn4work

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

can an employer do a background check without consent?can they open a juvenille record after the person is 21?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

can an employer do a background check without consent?can they open a juvenille record after the person is 21?
unless that juvenile record is legally sealed, yes, they can look at it.

pattytx

Older white female also seeking work, middle-aged Asian-American, same thing applies.

Why did you find it necessary to include your race? :mad:

tlookn4work

Went for interview and was told to start that day but the interviewer kept implying that the computers were expensive and full of confidential information and that if they were stolen I would be prosecuted as a felon. I understood this importance and was adamant about taking the job. It was a cleaning position and is usually filled by women. The lady conducting the interview acted strangely toward me during the entire interview as though I was going to walk out with the computer in front of her. I remained calm throughout the interview and thought I had secured the position. The next day, I was told not to come.

Isis1

Went for interview and was told to start that day but the interviewer kept implying that the computers were expensive and full of confidential information and that if they were stolen I would be prosecuted as a felon. I understood this importance and was adamant about taking the job. It was a cleaning position and is usually filled by women. The lady conducting the interview acted strangely toward me during the entire interview as though I was going to walk out with the computer in front of her. I remained calm throughout the interview and thought I had secured the position. The next day, I was told not to come.
i'm a little unclear as to what your legal question is.

justalayman

OP seems to have a chip on his shoulder and sees everybody that states that security is a high priority and anybody breaking the law would be prosecuted as a racially motivated action.

I hate to tell you this guy but I am a white middle class never been arrested, never spent a night in jail, nothing more than a traffic ticket kind of guy that happens to work in the construction industry and I have had the exact same speech told to me when I SIGNED papers acknowledging that same thing at one of the worlds largest artificial joint manufacturers in the world.

should I believe it was because I was white, a male, college educated, middle aged, balding, what?

It is because that companies business depends on them hiring people that will not commit a crime and often telling applicants how serious they are about it will turn away those that might entertain the idea.

Geesh, get over yourself. Your black; so what. It appears you are the one with the prejudice.

the fact you are questioning their being able to obtain your criminal records including your juvenile records implies you have something you believe they found out about.

is there something there that could have DQ'd you?

Isis1

OP seems to have a chip on his shoulder and sees everybody that states that security is a high priority and anybody breaking the law would be prosecuted as a racially motivated action.

I hate to tell you this guy but I am a white middle class never been arrested, never spent a night in jail, nothing more than a traffic ticket kind of guy that happens to work in the construction industry and I have had the exact same speech told to me when I SIGNED papers acknowledging that same thing at one of the worlds largest artificial joint manufacturers in the world.

should I believe it was because I was white, a male, college educated, middle aged, balding, what?

It is because that companies business depends on them hiring people that will not commit a crime and often telling applicants how serious they are about it will turn away those that might entertain the idea.

Geesh, get over yourself. Your black; so what. It appears you are the one with the prejudice.

the fact you are questioning their being able to obtain your criminal records including your juvenile records implies you have something you believe they found out about.

is there something there that could have DQ'd you?
you mean, beside actually HAVING a criminal record alone???? :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">