• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

your honor was dishonarable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TeeTeeLyte

Years ago I tried a case all the way to the Supreme court and was devastated when the judge was allowed to re-try my case after the 9th circuit appellate court overturned his decision.

Unfortunately I am not a lawyer and could not find one; therefore I relied on the morals of the Federal judge to "do the right thing". In parts of the court transcript he actually told the defendants to "pay" yet later did not allow a jury to hear and decide the case.

It was CV88-04861JGD and now I can not find any records of the case.

Can anything be done to re-open this case and find out why the judge was able to get away with this?? Or, if he could have been paid to rule in favor of the defendants; who were clearly in violation of the wage law.

ALawyer

The time to appeal lapsed years ago.

And I do not think that casting negative aspersions on a Federal judge is called for. You are way out of line.

It sounds as if you failed to prove a critical element of your case, in which case the judge should rule on it without a jury.

And if you say you could not get a lawyer to take it, it sounds to me as though you did not have a good case, or the damages involved would have been so minor that no self-respecting lawyer would handle it, or that you so turned off lawyers that they did not want to deal with you.

T

TeeTeeLyte

Truth is the light. And you are intitled to your opinion. Until you know the facts, and unless you have something concrete, it's best to investigate before you inject you "expert" opinion.
Fact is ...law states that employees get paid time and one half for all hours over 40 in a week.
Even though the Federal Judge did not use his authority to make the right decision; but did a good job in humiliating the defendant lawyer during the trial and the fact that the Defendants changed the payroll system after I exposed them in FEDERAL court was satisfaction enough for me.
So there !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">