• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Zero Tolerance" Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anihunter

If a company claims to have a "Zero Tolerance" Policy for:

DRUG & ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE IN THE WORK PLACE.

If a company claims to have a "Zero Tolerance" Policy for:

DRUG & ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE IN THE WORK PLACE.If a company claims to have a "Zero Tolerance" Policy for:

DRUG & ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE IN THE WORK PLACES.

The company claims we are following our 1989 policy that does not have any wording on "ZERO TOLERNACE" for both Drug and Alcohol or Violence in the work place. And that since the Federal requires some laws on drug and alcohol there is an amendment to our policy. There is no hard copy of this that I know of. I've asked several employees and they also do not know of any written policy.

There was an incident in which an employee displayed violence at work, even after attending a workshop on violence in the work place. He did not get fired or ask to resign. He is still working in his same position.

My husband had a random drug test that he failed. He did not do drug or alcohol at work, but he tested positive after his random test. He was asked to resign or get terminated. I don't think that was fair when the other employee did not get fired for his "ZERO TOLERENCE" action.

Do you think we have a case of discrimination?

ALawyer

No. Unless the zero tolerance policy only is applied to members of a minority or other protected class.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">