• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

babysitting insurance for home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curlyerin

What is the name of your state? CT

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here it goes...I have a person who will provide childcare for my children (4 yrs. and 11 months) in their home. I was wondering if there is such an insurance that would cover the cost if my children were to break anything costly in this persons home, like a window or something. Is there a type of renters insurance or something, because this person is not the homeowner, they rent. i am a responsible parent and plan on paying for anything that gets broken or damaged, I was just curious as to whether or not there is any type of coverage for this type of thing.

fairisfair

Although I applaud your attitude as a responsible parent, I have to question the idea that someone who is supposed to be supervising your children would allow something like what you mentioned to happen. I mean, after all, aren't THEY supposed to be WATCHING them??

HappyHusband

Although I applaud your attitude as a responsible parent, I have to question the idea that someone who is supposed to be supervising your children would allow something like what you mentioned to happen. I mean, after all, aren't THEY supposed to be WATCHING them??
Aw, come on! Stuff happens!

curlyerin

:)

I'm just thinking 'worst case scenario' here, like if they were playing in the house and a ball or something broke a window.

Betty

You can get personal liability coverage on your homeowners policy (if you don't already have it) for injuries & property damage at home & anywhere else worldwide. (It should take care of damage at your sitter's home even if they are not homeowners - just renting)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">