• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim denied HAIL DAMAGE 10 MONTHS EARLIER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aldealman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I recently had a claim denied. My insurer is Nationwide. My roofer identified lots of hail damage to my roof. My adjuster said I had filed my claim after the 6 month time period allowed to file a claim(it was actually 10 months after hail event). I had known I had leaks but until my neighbor explained they had hail damage, I had no idea what was causing problem or that insurance company may be asked to help.

Any suggestions?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I recently had a claim denied. My insurer is Nationwide. My roofer identified lots of hail damage to my roof. My adjuster said I had filed my claim after the 6 month time period allowed to file a claim(it was actually 10 months after hail event). I had known I had leaks but until my neighbor explained they had hail damage, I had no idea what was causing problem or that insurance company may be asked to help.

Any suggestions?
Any suggestions for what? You are required to promptly report any damages. You failed to do so.

I suggest you try to work your way (very nicely) up the chain at the insurance company until you find somebody sympathetic to your plight. You may never find such a person.

Banned_Princess

You might never find this person, especially in the insurance industry.

And now you cant claim it happened in last weeks storms either...

If I were you, before you were denied, I would have picked the last time it hailed as the date of loss... too bad. Now your just denied.

:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">