• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twicedamaged

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

We filed a claim for a patio roof from an ice storm in February. Now July, and the contractor is still working with insurance company to agree on price. A large tree just fell on the same patio roof and did damage to the house roof and gutter. Will I have to pay my deductible twice or can the original claim be adjusted for the new damage?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

We filed a claim for a patio roof from an ice storm in February. Now July, and the contractor is still working with insurance company to agree on price. A large tree just fell on the same patio roof and did damage to the house roof and gutter. Will I have to pay my deductible twice or can the original claim be adjusted for the new damage?
New damage is new damage, and a separate claim will be opened.

you will have to pay the deductible for the new damage.

your welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">