• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collectors item theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James R. Bechde

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
Last Friday my home was broken into and among other things my 1964 Fender Jazzmaster Guitar was stolen (47 years old) Worth around 5,500.00 or more. Vintage edition. Besides having a good photograph of it and a quote from Chicago Music Exchange on it's worth how do I handle State farm Insurance?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
Last Friday my home was broken into and among other things my 1964 Fender Jazzmaster Guitar was stolen (47 years old) Worth around 5,500.00 or more. Vintage edition. Besides having a good photograph of it and a quote from Chicago Music Exchange on it's worth how do I handle State farm Insurance?
What did State Farm say about it?

justalayman

a police report is going to be pretty important.

depending on your policy, how it is covered could vary. Depending on your policy, it might be covered as a basic guitar with no collector value or it might not be covered at all. As such, right after you have that police report, you call your agent and file a claim and see where it goes. You might want to read your copy of your policy to try to figure out if and how it is covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">