• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common City Alley Causing Flooding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DannyOcean11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Baltimore Maryland

Hello -

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct location so please let me know if I'm not. I live in Baltimore City and after the recent hurricane, I now have a high amount of water damage in my basement. It came to my attention that the previous owner had put a base of hydraulic cement around the foundation of my house which cracked and the water came through the foundation and into the house. The problem is that I am an end unit with a public alley where the water runs down and into the the street. They poorly constructed this alley and the water runs right into my foundation and also down into the basement door which has steps up. Do I have any legal right for the city/state to fix my water damage? I don't know if it matters of not, but I do pay $120 for ground rent yearly. The alley is damaged which prevents the water from running straight into the street. Instead, it rests at the base of my house and slowly leaks in. I have ripped up the old hydraulic concrete and put new stuff down and it still leaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">