• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to cooperate by LAW?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ComputerGeek123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I well make this short and clear. I called a insurece company on a friend of mine and "snitched" on him. I told them what I thought he had did witch was make a claim with the insurnce company saying he lost his diamond ring when he really hadn't and he collected the check the insurance gave him anyway for $15,000.. so when i called and gave this information to the guy who works at the insurance company he said the fraud department well contact you within 24 hours. DO I HAVE TO COOPERATE with them can i say i choose not to how does this work>? can I get in trouble if i choose not to talk?

Mass_Shyster

There's no law that states you must cooperate with the insurance company.

On the other hand, there's no law that states that the insurance company cannot call your friend and tell him exactly what you told them, or even play the recording of the call for him.

GinAA

I well make this short and clear. I called a insurece company on a friend of mine and "snitched" on him. I told them what I thought he had did witch was make a claim with the insurnce company saying he lost his diamond ring when he really hadn't and he collected the check the insurance gave him anyway for $15,000.. so when i called and gave this information to the guy who works at the insurance company he said the fraud department well contact you within 24 hours. DO I HAVE TO COOPERATE with them can i say i choose not to how does this work>? can I get in trouble if i choose not to talk?
How old are you? It's like reading something from a 5 year old.

Antigone*

Why on earth would you open this Pandora's Box if you didn't intend on following through?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">