• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire Insurance Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Twztdlilangel

My fiance is being sued by State Farm for a fire he started in 2009. It was a cooking accident that cost $48k, according to the claims filed against him. He spoke to a lawyer right after he was served, and took very bad advice from him, in my opinion. He was told that the best bet was to file for bankruptcy since he does not have any assets and only earns a low income. Feeling defeated already, he just put off the entire procedure and was basically a no-show. I wish that I was aware of the situation sooner, but I still want to help him fight if he its not too late. He just received a final judgement ordering him to cover all damages, court costs, and interest. This is a huge financial burden for our family and I know that if he were to fight it, we would at least have a lower amount. Is it too late for an appeal and re-trial?

State of Florida
Saint Johns County

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">