• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire undetermined

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confusedaccused

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Our home recently caught fire and we lost everything. The area of the fire was in the kitchen, but smoke and intense heat destroyed everything, literally melting the blinds off the windows.
Long story short, now that no one can find an ignition source and I was the last one in the house that morning, they have mentioned me taking a polygraph test. Of course, everyone says I am not a suspect, but I know what a polygraph's intent is. I have looked up polygraph info on the web and it just scared me more. I know everyone says this, but I am not hiding anything, but the mere thought of a p. test causes me to just about have a heart attack. I feel like the insurance company is doing all they can not to pay.
Should I take the test? By not taking it, can they deny our claim?

tammy8

Standard in most fire claims. EXPECTED if there is no known cause and YOU were the last one home.

PS be aware your finances will be looked at under a microscope as well. Desperate people do desprerate things. ESPECIALLY looked at if you don't want to answer any and all questions.

Go in and tell the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">