• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Floor damage on my house temporaly rented

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MacroB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hi everybody,

I am currently living for few months abroad and I rented my place to a colleague to basically house sit the place.
There has been a leakage from the washing machine that damaged the wooden floor. So here is my questions:
considering that I am out of the country and renters are there does it make sense to file a claim in this case?
Would the insurance cover this?
Thanks

Marco

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hi everybody,

I am currently living for few months abroad and I rented my place to a colleague to basically house sit the place.
There has been a leakage from the washing machine that damaged the wooden floor. So here is my questions:
considering that I am out of the country and renters are there does it make sense to file a claim in this case?
Would the insurance cover this?
Thanks

Marco
In what state is your house located?

If there has been damage to the interior of the house due to a leaking washing machine, it would probably be smart to get an estimate of cost to repair and, if repair costs are significantly higher than your deductible, you can file a claim with your homeowner's insurance. But I would do all of this soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">