• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foundation cracking and land washing away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

webster0501

What is the name of your state MA
I've discovered my foundation has 2 cracks in it and have been told by a builder I have some major problems. The house is actually starting to slant to one side. You can see this outside and feel it on the inside. My side yard appears to be just washing away. My neighbors wall collapsed due to the land on my side pushing it... The front stairs to the house are also becoming unattached from the house.... I was told the builder (house was built in 1980) could have used poor materials when building and could have just washed away due to poor drainage underground. There is allot of ledge in my yard and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.... I've put a claim into my homeowners insurance as I don't feel safe in the house what if it falls down??? I certian I will have the claim denied by the insurance company.... What can I do??? This is of no fault of my own and I'm stuck with a bad situation on my hands... Thanks!!!!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state MA
I've discovered my foundation has 2 cracks in it and have been told by a builder I have some major problems. The house is actually starting to slant to one side. You can see this outside and feel it on the inside. My side yard appears to be just washing away. My neighbors wall collapsed due to the land on my side pushing it... The front stairs to the house are also becoming unattached from the house.... I was told the builder (house was built in 1980) could have used poor materials when building and could have just washed away due to poor drainage underground. There is allot of ledge in my yard and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.... I've put a claim into my homeowners insurance as I don't feel safe in the house what if it falls down??? I certian I will have the claim denied by the insurance company.... What can I do??? This is of no fault of my own and I'm stuck with a bad situation on my hands... Thanks!!!!
**A: hire a geotechnical engineer and a construction defect litgation attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">