• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Golf Course Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UTcain

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was golfing at a public golf course that was within a housing community and hit an errant tee shot on the 16th tee box. My brother and I who were golfing heard a loud "thump" when it hit a house a few buildings down. Someone came out of the house about 5 minutes later and asked if we just teed off on the 16th, and we said yes. She then told us that we just broke a window. We went and looked at what they said we did, and it was a very minor crack in the window above the wooden frame that separates the top and bottom windows. The window wasn't even broken, it was just cracked. I have pictures of it. I gave the people my name and phone number, but did not tell them that I accept responsibility. They called me and told me that they got a quote, and i asked them to give me a few days so that i could call around and also get quotes, and they have called me for three days straight griping at me about hurrying up and paying for their window. I honestly believe that I am not at fault because my brother and I distinctly heard it hit a house, we did not hear a window break. I have also heard that the golf course COULD be held liable for being negligent if they do not provide fences, trees, or other obstacles between tee boxes and houses. I just want to know if I AM responsible and if so, why. She has no proof that I hit the window, it's her word against mine and I truly believe that I did not hit a window and there was no one there to see it or hear it other than her. What should i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">