• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HO3 insurance cheaper than HO6

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caicom98

I have a townhome in california, when getting initial quote I am getting $450 for decent coverage on an HO3. I have HOA dues that covers everything outside so in reality I need just HO6 (walls-in). Initially when I get quotes they set me up for HO3, but when I inform them I just want HO6 and expecting the price to go down, it goes up to $800 for some pretty crappy coverage.
I checked with 4 different venders and they seem to be trending the same way. What gives!?!

Can I just purchase the HO3 since it covers inside and outside for the cheaper price?
I would think it should be safe. Am I asking for trouble by doing this or is it completely safe if it comes to claim time, if I were to buy HO3 even though the HOA already covers outside the wall?

Silverplum

I have a townhome in california, when getting initial quote I am getting $450 for decent coverage on an HO3. I have HOA dues that covers everything outside so in reality I need just HO6 (walls-in). Initially when I get quotes they set me up for HO3, but when I inform them I just want HO6 and expecting the price to go down, it goes up to $800 for some pretty crappy coverage.
I checked with 4 different venders and they seem to be trending the same way. What gives!?!

Can I just purchase the HO3 since it covers inside and outside for the cheaper price?
I would think it should be safe. Am I asking for trouble by doing this or is it completely safe if it comes to claim time, if I were to buy HO3 even though the HOA already covers outside the wall?
This is an insurance question, not a legal one.

:confused:

caicom98

Oh I thought I did post it to Forum>INSURANCE>Homeowners Insurance

Sorry if it wasnt in the right forum...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">