• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Insurance company giving me the run around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael_answers

Hello, I recently had my motorcycle stolen from my Condo Comlex which provides subterranean parking with remote access and security cameras. I contacted the HOA to view camera footage of the incident but they informed me that none of the cameras worked. They tried blaming it on owners not paying their dues so I called their Insurance company to file a claim (I only had liability coverage on the bike). The Insurance claim representative soon called me to take a recorded message of the incident. After about a week I called and asked for an update he apologized for not returning my call and said they denied the claim. I asked why he made up some story about the motorcycle being stolen during the time new cameras were being installed (about 4 weeks after my motorcycle was stolen I asked the hoa for the money directly as opposed to going through the insurance company they never responded but they did install new cameras and repaired our broken front door which when working properly would require a key). When i asked if the HOA told him that he answered(after sounding confused) that it was what he heard on my recorded statement. I assured him i said nothing of the sort, he replied he would have to call me back in a few days to look into it. I called him back again after he had not called me for a week and he said he was waiting to receive a paper from one the HOA members i asked him what it was and he said "a paper regarding the front door" I asked what that had to do with my motorcycle being stolen he replied by saying he has to look into everything first. I contacted the president of the board members for the hoa and he said that he had talked to the insurance representative and apologized for not sending him the paper (which turns out to be a work order for the front door). Im a little confused at this point. Obviously the insurance is giving me the run around but what angle can they get with a work order for repairing the front door? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">