• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Owners Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

val4juju

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I have a problem. I bought a brand new condo two years ago and after couple months I noticed that the concrete was leaking and hard water would get on my cars. I took the cars through car was and bought special stuff to try to take it off but nothing had worked. I complained to the association many times and the first time they had me park in different spots for about two days and then they said it was fixed. That was not the case, so I complained again and this time I told them that I was buying a brand new car and I needed that fixed ASAP. It took them couple month and finally the manager came to me one day and said I have some new spots for you. She didn't tell me how long I would park there and I assumed these were temporary untill they fixed mine. She forgot to mention that people were under the impression that these new spots didn't belong to anyone so everyone can park, even though they are not supposed to but since the association never towed their cars people did it anyways. One night I double parked my car to save the spot for my boyfriend and when I came back my brand new car was all keyed. I was so upset and went to her office and she said well I was being nice giving you these new spots but you are welcome to go back to your old one. I asked her so its fixed? and she said their was never any problem with it, it leaked because they would wash the room above and she said that wouldnt be problem anymore. So I went back. It's been over a year since that inncident and I have complained many more times because the leaks have gotten worse and my car has huge, very noticable spots that just won't come off and I have spent time and money trying to do that. In fact make that two cars because we bought another car in the mean time. My last complaint was couple weeks ago because now we have rust leaking as well and she said we will have some take a look at it and you may have to wait couple months but I can always give you those other spots again. I pay 375 each month to the association. Would I be able to sue them to get back what I paid for all those numerous car washes and cleaning products and possibly if I needed a paint job? Also, as far as my car being keyed could they be resposible for that as well?
Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

moburkes

Your comp insurance, minus your deductible will pay for the vandalism to your car. It appears that someone was upset that you took 2 spaces. The association is not responsible for that. What part of your complaints to the assocation over the last several years are in writing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">