• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House fire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loritroy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

in april of this year my house burned it was a 1998 double wide our insurance coverage is $55000 for the home and $30000 for contents the insurance adjuster said they would only pay $25000 for the double wide i pay yearly taxes on my property and they have it broke down at $66000 for the home and $25000 for the land so i am wanting to know how to proceed
Thanks

Banned_Princess

your taxes have nothing to do at all with what it is insured at. your absolutely not going to get the ins company to raise your limits after a loss. (unless it is a total loss and you have an additional coverage for total loss and actual cost to rebuild)

will the amount the ins company is offering fix the home? or buy a new one that is the same? I think it will. if it wont then submit the price for a new one.

loritroy

the insurance company is only offering $25000 the home is a total loss and would cost $60000 + to replace my coverage is for $55000 and there offer is crap i think

tammy8

Mobile home policies are different than real homeowner's policy. They will replace you the value of a 1998 doublewide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">