• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If Homeowners Ins doesnt cover tree damage, does it cover tree-workers' damage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SheilaRSB

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

I hired tree workers who accidentally damaged the neighbor's car. Tree company is now missing-in-action.

My neighbor has insisted that I pay for their $500 car deductible. I called my Homeowners Insurance to segregate the co-pay demand to them, and they say "tree damage to property is not covered- only if it's resulting from a natural event i.e. hurricane, etc".

My question is, would this situation fall under "tree" damage, as opposed to something such as "protection from inheriting contractor liability"?

If I hired a worker, that worker and his actions are covered. (or so I thought). How can my worker's mistake not be covered by my insurance, especially if he's disappeared?

moburkes

Sheila, your questions were answered in your previous post. Your neighbor needs to pursue this under their auto insurance policy. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">