• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured working on my moms house as per insurance company demands

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweets53

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York State
As per Allstate dwelling coverage report, my mother was required to construct a fence around the perimeter of an extension to the porch built years ago. Previous dwelling insurance companies never required this fence to be built. However while working on this fence I built, I fell off a ladder and broke my ankle so severely I required an ambulance and emergency surgery in the hospital and a short stay there. Do I have any recourse?
I live with my mother in her home in New Jersey and the property in question is a summer residence in NYS. I am not mentioned in either her homeowners policy with Allstate in New Jersey or the separate dwelling policy issued with Allstate, that reuired the building of the fence. I have the letter requiring the fence be built (via email) or the policy would be terminated. This occurred September 24th 2008. We no longer have that policy as I have found out that as long as the property was and is not being rented, our homeowners policy in New Jersey automatically extends to this home in NYS as far as accident coverage and we're not concerned about dwelling coverage on the property.

ecmst12

You're really not too bright are you?

Are you a licensed contractor? Do you have ANY type of training or experience which makes you qualified to do the work you were trying to do, and do it safely? If not, why were you doing it?

moburkes

You're really not too bright are you?

Are you a licensed contractor? Do you have ANY type of training or experience which makes you qualified to do the work you were trying to do, and do it safely? If not, why were you doing it?
Yep - cause workers comp - as long as the parties doing the work are not excluded from coverage, would kick in...

sweets53

that was a joke moron, tell zignor to sue his mom, his bluntness and your stupidity in responding to my comments, tell me this site offers no help

moburkes

that was a joke moron, tell zignor to sue his mom, his bluntness and your stupidity in responding to my comments, tell me this site offers no help
You're not a newbie; you've been around since 2007. Your sarcastic responses aren't gramatically correct, yet we're the idiots? Hell, I don't even understand your responses. It helps when you use periods, commas, and capital letters at the beginning of each sentence, etc.

However, as a resident relative you're likely considered an insured under this policy, which means it will not cover you for your injuries. But, if the insurance company does not consider you an insured under this policy, you may be able to recover.

In any case, zig was correct - when you want an insurance company to pay out under liability, a LAWSUIT (hense the "sue your mama" statement) triggers protection for your mother. Once you sue her, she turns over all the paperwork to her insurance company, and they start defending her, and paying out monies as required (or not).

Now who is the idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">