• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim check from 2006 never recieved.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willraffy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I had an insurance claim check issued to me in 2006 that i never received thanks to a vindictive ex-wife. It was forgotten about until recently when i did an unclaimed money search on the internet. I called the insurance company and she said they would call me tomorrow and it is possible that it has been to long and I may not receive anything. Any advice?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I had an insurance claim check issued to me in 2006 that i never received thanks to a vindictive ex-wife. It was forgotten about until recently when i did an unclaimed money search on the internet. I called the insurance company and she said they would call me tomorrow and it is possible that it has been to long and I may not receive anything. Any advice?
**A: the insurance company should be able to issue you a new check.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, the insurance company won't issue a new check. The funds have already escheated to the state.

See http://www.patreasury.gov/Unclaimed/Search.html to search for and find information on how to claim such funds.

moburkes

I agree with Zigner. He needs to file a claim through the state's unclaimed funds process. If the amount of the check is high, there are a few extra steps which need to be taken, but it's still a fairly simple process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">