• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim check-payee me and mortgage company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

utnsee

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My Insurance claim check is made out to me and my Mortgage company, my mortgage company says I have to give them the check and them disburse it in three payments as work is completed. My question is, my home is worth approximately $ 165,000 dollars, My exsisting mortgage is approximately $ 68,000 dollars. My insurance settlement for damage is approximately $ 20,000 dollars. My question is why should the mortgage company get use of the money while I'm repairing my home, when I'm the majority equity holder in the property. Can I not just do a Deposit Only on the check into my account and dispurse the money as the work is done. Plus, some the the repair work will be done by myself and no contractor involved.

acmb05

any work you do

make up a work order for it with material and comparable labor costs and submit it to the mortgage company. I am not sure about the check as when I submited a claim on my home in Michigan the insurance company sent me the check in my name only.

Same thing happened to me and I just deposited the checks (I got 2) in my bank account. The bank took it without the mortgage company's signature. Not sure if this was legal but I spent the money on repairs and have never heard a word from the mortgage company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">