• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Company Unable to Settle on the Cause of the Fire in the House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland

Recently a fire broke out in my house due to a furnace failure. Now everything has been fixed and repaired except the furnace room. But since my home insurance company is still arguing with the furnace manufacturer and the the furnace maintenance company over what caused the fire, I am not allowed to touch the furnace. So I can't go ahead replace the furnace and move back into the house even if everything else has been restored.

My question is in addition to the hotel and extra meal cost the insurance company is paying for, should my family be compensated for the unreasonable length of the hardship and incovnenence we have to go through(staying in the hotel with 2 kids for almost 2 month), due to the inability and delay of the insurance company in settling on the cause of the fire?

Thanks for your response in advance.

JETX

rma;2516460should my family be compensated for the unreasonable length of the hardship and incovnenence we have to go through(staying in the hotel with 2 kids for almost 2 month) said:
Should you?? Probably.
Are they required to pay you?? Unless you have specific coverage in your policy for those 'damages', no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">