• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT was ROBBED by Host Family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksontran41

So I have talked to the police. So far they told me that the Hispanic host family was denying that they touched any of my stuff. Cops also talked to the agency woman, and she said that she was just the transporter. She basically went to the host to pick up and immediately brought it to me. I could not believe that this case can be this hopeless!!! Here's the thing that makes me really concern:
1. My properties were under possession of the host family.
2. The agency woman had agreed to take care of my stuff before summer vacation (my parents talked to her and she agreed that she would bring it to her house, because it's her job)

It is absolutely obvious that the host family stole it, but what else should I need to prove it legally? It was under their possession, then immediately brought to me by a different person.

I'm very hopeless right now! But I do appreciate the helps and suggestion from all of the fellow forum people. Honestly, what else can I do? I'm willing to file a lawsuit if this thing could not be resolved.

Sincerely,

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So I have talked to the police. So far they told me that the Hispanic host family was denying that they touched any of my stuff. Cops also talked to the agency woman, and she said that she was just the transporter. She basically went to the host to pick up and immediately brought it to me. I could not believe that this case can be this hopeless!!! Here's the thing that makes me really concern:
1. My properties were under possession of the host family.
2. The agency woman had agreed to take care of my stuff before summer vacation (my parents talked to her and she agreed that she would bring it to her house, because it's her job)

It is absolutely obvious that the host family stole it, but what else should I need to prove it legally? It was under their possession, then immediately brought to me by a different person.

I'm very hopeless right now! But I do appreciate the helps and suggestion from all of the fellow forum people. Honestly, what else can I do? I'm willing to file a lawsuit if this thing could not be resolved.

Sincerely,
How can you prove that you had $7k worth of valuables in your suitcases? For all anyone knows, you're just saying that for the sake of causing problems and gaining profit for things that never existed. :cool:

jacksontran41

How can you prove that you had $7k worth of valuables in your suitcases? For all anyone knows, you're just saying that for the sake of causing problems and gaining profit for things that never existed. :cool:
I have couples of jackets from Dolce&Gabbana, blazer from Burberry. A suit from Dolce&Gabbana (costs 3000$ when I bought it),...(sneakers, bags). I am not sure if you're trying to help or? I know its internet where people can make up stories and tell random stuff. Sincerely I'm just in hopeless for now, and may have to file a lawsuit?

Last edited by a moderator:

jacksontran41

I totally forgot. As far as I know they have a temporary permit to stay in the States. They also told me they worked as cleaners, cleaning stuff in a place where seniors stay when they're old

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

I'm sorry about that I totally forgot. As far as I know they have a temporary permit to stay in the States. They also told me they worked as cleaners, cleaning stuff in a place where seniors stay when they're old
Who told you this? The hosts? an attorney?

Yes, I'm asking for a reason.

Proserpina

This is where I speak for a minute then politely remove myself from the conversation.

Someone, somewhere, is lying through their teeth. I don't care who, and all I can say is that there is a whole lot of guano in this thread. You're telling us things that are simply not correct, and I can't help you if I don't get the truth. I'm sorry.

Dave1952

I don't think you are being rational. You seem to be fixated on "the host family". What you know is that the members of the host family probably had access to your property as did the agency lady. You believe that at least one of these people is a thief. Why you believe that the entire host family was involved is not clear. Indeed it's not clear why you believe that any of the host family was involved.
Please stop wasting your time trying to assess blame. Notify your insurers and move on with your life. If your clothes were not insured buy a Winter coat before it gets cold.

jacksontran41

This is where I speak for a minute then politely remove myself from the conversation.

Someone, somewhere, is lying through their teeth. I don't care who, and all I can say is that there is a whole lot of guano in this thread. You're telling us things that are simply not correct, and I can't help you if I don't get the truth. I'm sorry.
Seriously the point of me making this thread is to seeking for helps. Let me add some more info. The host family are two Hispanic women. From what I know, they are coming from somewhere in South America (Mexico and El Salvador?) to find jobs in the States. They told me that they worked as cleaners (therefore I assumed janitors) in a place where seniors rest. I know for a fact that they were financially not rich, or in other words they don't have much money. I am really appreciated if you guys can help me as this situation is already frustrated me enough. I don't know any points that made this sound irrational, or maybe I'm just giving not enough information. Thank you for your reply anyway, as this shows that you are interested in helping a person!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Seriously the point of me making this thread is to seeking for helps. Let me add some more info. The host family are two Hispanic women. From what I know, they are coming from somewhere in South America (Mexico and El Salvador?) to find jobs in the States. They told me that they worked as cleaners (therefore I assumed janitors) in a place where seniors rest. I know for a fact that they were financially not rich, or in other words they don't have much money. I am really appreciated if you guys can help me as this situation is already frustrated me enough. I don't know any points that made this sound irrational, or maybe I'm just giving not enough information. Thank you for your reply anyway, as this shows that you are interested in helping a person!
There's nothing else that we can tell you.

jacksontran41

I don't think you are being rational. You seem to be fixated on "the host family". What you know is that the members of the host family probably had access to your property as did the agency lady. You believe that at least one of these people is a thief. Why you believe that the entire host family was involved is not clear. Indeed it's not clear why you believe that any of the host family was involved.
Please stop wasting your time trying to assess blame. Notify your insurers and move on with your life. If your clothes were not insured buy a Winter coat before it gets cold.
Thanks for your comment. Maybe I have not provided some more infos.
Basically my luggages were in the host family's house for the whole summer (host family are two women about older than 40). The agency woman supposed to pick it up and stored it (as this is her job to foreign students), but she did not. Meaning the luggages were at their house for the whole summer, and the agency went pick it up then delivered to me. I certainly assure that the host stole it, as I said earlier they are not financially wealthy. The agency woman does not do that because I personally know her and she has nothing to do with it (simply her family owes the company which they manage international students overseas, in other words she has money).

Just Blue

I had a talk with the officers, and apparently they can't do anything since there is no evidence. What I want to know is that can I do something else? Thanks for your comment!
I, personally, find the racist "tone" of your postings offensive. You should, though likely don't, be embarrassed by your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">