• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my now-husband being sued if I am getting sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OCHOMEOWNER

CA. I am a homeowner and live in a condo with neighbors below me. My neighbor did not have homeowners insurance and is now sueing me for damages. At the time to the incident I was engaged. I am now married. If found responsible, can they also go after my now-husband for compensation even though the house is my name and we were not married when the damage occured? I would really appreciate any tips anyone can provide. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

OCHOMEOWNER

Damages to my unit were: new flooring throughout the unit, now drywall, texturing, and painting. The bathroom (where the valve broke) had to be completely remodeled. My neighbor needed EVERYTHING! New walls, floors cabniets, countertops, windows.....although he upgraded everything. Were taking granite counter tops instead of just replaceing the formica which is what was there previously. And he didnt stop there.

I did/do have homeowners insurance like every responsible homeowner should.

My concern is that I was not married at the time and now I am. Can they go after my husbands income if they should win ...and on the off chance that my homeowners insurance wont cover everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">