• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nashville Flood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ice2t2004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

We moved to New York a couple of weeks ago and left our things in a relocube (ABF Freight) in Nashville while looking for a new home. Little did I know that the cube was in a wearhouse next to the river that flooded over. Now the insurance company is claiming an "Act of God" and is not going to give us a dime.

My question is can we pursue a lawsuit here against ABF freight? Being so close to the river (a few hundred yards) shouldn't they have flood insurance? This is everything I own and it's hard to believe that I will get nothing for this. Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

We moved to New York a couple of weeks ago and left our things in a relocube (ABF Freight) in Nashville while looking for a new home. Little did I know that the cube was in a wearhouse next to the river that flooded over. Now the insurance company is claiming an "Act of God" and is not going to give us a dime.

My question is can we pursue a lawsuit here against ABF freight? Being so close to the river (a few hundred yards) shouldn't they have flood insurance? This is everything I own and it's hard to believe that I will get nothing for this. Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
No, you should have had your own insurance.

Try to put a claim in with FEMA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">