• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repeated vandalism done to my home and property by next-door neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aynsley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My next-door neighbor has done extensive damage to my home and property. Have filed numerous Police Reports. Police only say, "Did you see her do it?" When I see her commit crimes on my property, Police say, "Did you take a PICTURE of her doing it?" I need to file damages against her Home Owner's policy. HOW do I find out what Company holds her Home Owner's Insurance? This is the ONLY way to put a stop to this. PLEASE ADVISE.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My next-door neighbor has done extensive damage to my home and property. Have filed numerous Police Reports. Police only say, "Did you see her do it?" When I see her commit crimes on my property, Police say, "Did you take a PICTURE of her doing it?" I need to file damages against her Home Owner's policy. HOW do I find out what Company holds her Home Owner's Insurance? This is the ONLY way to put a stop to this. PLEASE ADVISE.
Videotaped evidence of your neighbor vandalizing your property is what you need to prove she is the culprit. Otherwise, it's just speculation.

ecmst12

If you have evidence, file suit in small claims court. She will choose whether to involve her insurance company at that point or not, it's not up to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">