• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roof damage from wind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tks

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

In a storm this past summer I had significant wind damage to my garage roof that is unattached to my house. The damage was only to one side of the roof. The insurance company claims they only have to pay for the side that was damaged and is not responsible for matching up the ridge cap color on either side. I have never heard of anyone shingling just one side of a building and I wonder if they can do this. I don't pay insurance so that I can have checkerboard roof patterns and multicolored siding. Thanks.

moburkes

...and since the insurance company doesn't DO the repairs, you are absolutely within your rights to search and find the correct shingles to match what is on the other side. The insurance company is only responsible for paying to get the roof fixed, minus your deductible.

J

jinky

I'm not an attorney or expert on this stuff, but the same thing happened to me. We had a micro burst and it tore off one side of my roof. The insurance company only paid to fix the side that was damaged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">