• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roof not replaced over 2 yrs ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

insuranceky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
kentucky,

I had a small claim with my insurance in2007 they only gave me enough shingles to replace around the roof vents that had hail damage (NOT MANY,DEFINATELY NOT A WHOLE ROOF). I have not replaced the vents yet but now I have loose shingles and missing tabs from a recent storm, I was told by a contracter that my previous claim would have no effect on my new one and that my rates could not be raised because of this. We have been very dissatisfied with this company (insurance) and are thinking about changing , would this claim cause our rates at a new company to be higher? or should I just bite the bullet and pay it out of pocket.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
kentucky,

I had a small claim with my insurance in2007 they only gave me enough shingles to replace around the roof vents that had hail damage (NOT MANY,DEFINATELY NOT A WHOLE ROOF). I have not replaced the vents yet but now I have loose shingles and missing tabs from a recent storm, I was told by a contracter that my previous claim would have no effect on my new one and that my rates could not be raised because of this. We have been very dissatisfied with this company (insurance) and are thinking about changing , would this claim cause our rates at a new company to be higher? or should I just bite the bullet and pay it out of pocket.
This new claim will be considered a seperate claim. That will give you 2 claims in less then 3 years. This will probably cause your rates to increase and new companies most likely won't take you.

tammy8

No company will touch you with 2 claims in 3 yrs.....especially when the first claim was not fixed to begin with. I advise you to eat the cost and feel dam lucky you still have coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">