• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sandy storm Personal Prperty Claim in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rowz

Greetings from The [North] Jersey Shore.

My Mom has a property with a barn that was [by wind] destroyed by the 'Sandy' storm.

Both my Mom & I were very fortunate to have only this issue with the big storm and for that we are very thankful that we were not devastated by that event.

Her insurance company has paid the loss, which includes removal of the structure and its replacement.

Yay!

She received a letter this week which let her know that she has coverage for contents, architect, permits & etc.

I do not know if the policy is for ACV or RV.

My question is: does someone here know of a site that can help me with an inventory of the personal property within?

I have looked a it on-line for such a list, but have not yet discovered something that seems comprehensive.
The barn is still standing [kinda] but is in such a state that it is not safe to enter,

I have a good idea of the major items, but a list would help remind me of stuff that I may not be considering/thinking of.

.I realize that the FA crystal ball has not been returned by the last borrower and even then it would not provide a drone-type examination of the contents within. Pity ;-)

The Co. has been quite decent, but then that is what you get when you use an insurer that [in my limited experience from 2 friends] is expensive, but when there is a loss does not screw with people.

OTOH, I do not want to trigger anything that would P them off and cancel her.

40 year customer with 1 [2?] claims under 5K each.

Thank you all for your time and attention.

RowZ

Oh....one one more thing.

When reviewing the adjusters pricing for the building, the values ascribed for some of the building materials seemed low.

Example: an 8ft. 2x4 for $2.75? i have yet to checkthese details...just looking for your POV.

tranquility

I think that if you want us to supply you with a list of what could have been in your mother's barn (In a way that would not "P them off" and cancel her.), you're looking to commit insurance fraud. While adjusters carry checkbooks around with them and have great authority to cut said checks after a disaster, those with that power are not fools. Be prepared to prove up your losses.

OHRoadwarrior

I suggest you call the local police and ask them if they have run across any local burglary suspects that per-inventoried buildings before robbing them. They may have a list of the contents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">