• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artsyaggie

What is the name of your state? Utah

I have a neighbor that lives across the street, that seems bent on giving us enough grief to move out. He's called the city because our yard had weeds growing in it, and another time because we had boxes stacked in our driveway instead of in our garage.
Recently this cat has decided to hang around our house, (mainly, we think because we have a huge tree and it gets hot down here and the tree provides a lot of shade) and had kittens in our yard.
They're getting into our garage through our dryer vent (everytime someone approaches the house all of them scamper into that vent opening) and we've had to buy a new hose because they've torn it up. We put an empty garbage can over the outside cover of this vent trying to keep them out but it didn't work so we just left it outside, and took a smaller one and covered the inside opening (inside our garage) for the time being so we can fix the dryer hose.

Now that the kittens are getting older, they're starting to roam, going into the street, and across it into his yard. He called animal control on us because of it, even though we've told him, it's not our cat/kittens and there's nothing we can do about it. The animal control people are even sick of him because he's calling them everyday and even THEY have said theres nothing they can do.

Well, right now we still have the dryer vent covered inside our garage and it's getting really hot during these summer months. (in the 100's) Everytime we leave the house, we'll come back home and see the garbage can we left outside covering the outside opening, meaning he's trapping these kittens in this small space with no air circulation.

We have no proof that he's the one doing it, and thats what we're trying to figure out how to get. We don't have a lot of money to really do anything, but he's driving us insane and he's going to end up hurting these defenseless animals, is there anyway to keep him off our property?

Gen_xer1983

Hmmm... This is so sad. I would think the only way you can do anything about it is if you have evidence. Maybe set up a video camera during the times you think he would most likely go into your yard. I hope someone can help you out on your dilemma.

Poor kitties...

arkera

Trap the kitties and find them new homes?

Other than that, you'll have to wait for the other members.

But seriously... if they're trapped, give them to a no-kill shelter or find them new homes.

las365

Get on the phone and call around until you find a cat rescue group that will come and humanely trap the cats and take them. This should not be too difficult. I am surprised that the animal control people have not suggested a solution for you or taken the cats, since you claim they are not yours. Picking up strays is part of their business.

Are you feeding the cats? You have taken some sort of responsibilty since they are living on your property. If you do nothing, the kittens will have kittens and the problem wil simply worsen.

I do not see your neighbor as the problem in the cat problem. You seem to be spending a lot of time messing with this situation, but not doing anything to actually fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">