• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical Non-renewal practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girlfriend2732

I am an Insurance Agent in the state of Florida. I work for a broker that insures only high net worth clients. It is very difficult in many cases for these clients to get Admitted A+ rated carriers. My company is taking clients that have not received any notice of non-renewal or cancellation and negotiating with the carrier to save larger high net worth accounts that have been set to be non-renewed. I was under the impression that individually selecting accounts to non-renew for profit was not only highly unethical, but possibly illegal. I would like to blow the whistle on this company to stop this practice, but I am not 100% sure that this is truly illegal. I do feel that the clients who were sacrificed to save larger accounts (in some cases the clients were forced to go to E&S markets) should be made aware of what our agency did. I feel like they trusted this firm to protect their assets and were sold up the river. Their insurance was not in jeopardy until the partners in the agency put them in harms way. I would really appreciate your guidance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">